Institute of Science and Technology
Bachelor Level/ First Year/ First Semester/ Science
Computer Science and Information Technology (CSc. 101)
(Introduction to Information Technology)
Full Marks: 60
Pass Marks: 24
Time: 3 hours
| Download – File Size: 347 kb | Introduction to Information Technology Exam Paper 2068 | CSIT | TU
| DOWNLOAD PDF | of Question Paper | Introduction to Information Technology Exam Paper 2068 (CSc. 101) | CSIT | TU
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
All questions carry equal marks.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Attempt any two questions: (2 × 10=20)
1. Explain how the CPU and memory work with suitable diagram. Compare between CISC and RISC architecture in brief.
2. Differentiate between centralized Data processing system and Distributed Data Processing System. State advantages and disadvantages of distributed systems.
3. Explain about Internet and Intranet. List some activities that you can do on Internet. Describe, how the World Wide Web is different from the Internet?
Short Questions: (8 × 5=40)
Attempt any eight questions:
4. Distinguish among the four kinds of computer systems.
5. Define RAM, ROM, PROM, EPROM.
6. What are the features of today’s software applications? Explain.
7. What is the difference between sequential and direct-access file processing?
8. Explain the meaning of up-link, down-link and cross-link.
9. How will you compose, reply and forward an e-mail message?
10. What is GIS? What are the components of GIS? How GIS works?
11. Explain CAD/CAM system.
12. Highlight on computers in Education and training in brief.
13. Write short notes on (any two):
a) Compiler and interpreters
b) MICR, OCR and OMR
c) Data Normalization