Institute of Science and Technology
Bachelor Level/ First Year/ First Semester/ Science
Computer Science and Information Technology (CSc. 101)
(Introduction to Information Technology)
Full Marks: 60
Pass Marks: 24
Time: 3 hours
| Download – File Size: 283 kb | Introduction to Information Technology Exam Paper 2067 | CSIT | TU
| DOWNLOAD PDF | of Question Paper | Introduction to Information Technology Exam Paper 2067 (CSc. 101) | CSIT | TU
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
All questions carry equal marks.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Attempt any two questions: (2 × 10=20)
1. What do you mean by Internet? Explain the advantages and disadvantages of Internet.
2. Explain the functions of an operating system.
3. What are the major characteristics of computer? Explain.
Short Questions: (8 × 5=40)
Attempt any eight questions:
4. What is the function of memory?
5. Describe the working principle of processor.
6. Differentiate between random access devices and sequential access device.
7. What are the different kinds of input devices?
8. What is system software?
9. What do you mean by multiprocessing?
10. Differentiate between third generation languages and fourth generation languages.
11. What do you mean by normalization?
12. What do you mean by TCP/IP and how does it work?
13. What are the major characteristics of the Intranet?